Aug 13, 2008

Laos was beautiful. On a whim, I jumped on a train with two high school friends to Laos last two Saturdays ago. After a 14-hour train ride and a bit of visa "prepping", at a local visa service shop, we crossed the friendship bridge from Nong Khai to Viengtieng. We spent two days there exploring, then headed to the "next" town on the way to Luang Phapang: Vang Vieng. This town was beautiful. Tourist population was only high in one part of town, which consisted of 6-7 beer gardens/restaurants which played episodes of Friends all night, every night. The trip to Luang Phapang was spectacular, but you wouldn't notice that looking at the pictures I took.. I just didn't have a lens wide enough to capture it all. The city of Luang Phapang itself was very pleasant. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed spending time with Chey and Sam. They'll continue to explore Laos for another couple weeks, then move on to Cambodia or return to Thailand for a bit before moving on. My trip took 8 days and $160/5000฿/1,250,000 Kip.

20080802_038

20080808_076

20080807_017

20080807_110

20080804_043

20080803_060

20080802_049

If my writing is lame, un-concise, and brief; it's because I'm returning from a 16 hour day shooting a graduation ceremony.

Earlier this week I interviewed Dr. Jared Dorn, our Vice President. Very interesting and kind gentleman. Tuesday, I transcribed and the interview and did my best at writing an article. I took some pictures of him too. Bought a white umbrella cover and made myself a makeshift soft-box the night before... and it worked! Soft indeed.

Wednesday, I registered for first semester classes. The winners are: Organizational Communication, Critical Analysis of Messages, Conflict and Negotiation, Media and Society, Comm. and Development. I hear the last two are being taught by a part-time professor who has very good reviews...

Tomorrow I'll fill out more forms and wait in a few more lines to register for the Computer Graphics and Multimedia major's Advanced Digital Photography class. I went to the class Monday and was very impressed. The professor is an American indie feature film director who knows his stuff and promises assignments every week. I'm excited about this one too.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home