Feb 23, 2008

I'm in the middle of midterm exams right now and feeling pretty good about them. Besides only having four exams, versus the normal six, I'm not exactly sure what has me in such a good mood.

The library has been a great remedy for my boredom of being an apartment dweller. Wednesday and Thursday I found a table there and studied with Lek, until the 21.00 closing time. I think I was the last person there. The change of location seemed to help though; my Special Topics on Communication exam seemed relatively easy. The Bangkok University library is particularly quiet or well-equipped so I think the reason for me reading so well is probably just from changing things around a bit.

Last week the band had two auditions at two night venues in town. We decided we need more practice before doing any more.

This got me thinking a lot about grad school applications which will be coming up in a year. Ohio University and Columbia both have great journalism programs... but Chula's MA International Delevopment, or MAIDS program, is most interesting to me. It's a really cool program, would be really interesting and fun, has the best professors in the country, and would only take a few years to pay off after graduation. Why is researching colleges so much fun? Is it the excitement of planning that I like so much?

I think I'm gonna move again. Last night, an 80-year old woman repeatedly informed me how dumb I was for forgetting my key inside my room (Yes, again), and reminded me that moving out before the one-year contract (unsigned, still in my closet) ends, the owner will keep half my deposit if I decide to leave. There's no arguing this one because he has the money and theres only one month left on the calender. Last month my electric bill was a 2300฿ almost twice a normal bill, meaning something isn't right in the accounting department. The Karaoke/bar girl rental place on the first floor has always been an annoyance too. They're supposed to close at midnight but the cops are usually drinking and singing there until 2 or 3am. Not sure where I'll go... deal with that later next month.

Today the nice old lady sent up a maintenance crew for a yearly air-conditioner cleaning. I filmed a timelapse video while the three men: cleaned, fixed, broke, and re-fixed the AC. It's very cool (temperature) now but I'm afraid to turn it on in fear of my upcoming power bill next week.



Speaking of movies: The Life of Henry Gale with Kevin Spacey was really good, as was Runaway Jury staring
John Cusack, Gene Hackman, Dustin Hoffman.

That's all for now folks. Corporate Relationship Management on Wednesday, Mass Media Law on Thursday, and Marketing Communication on Saturday.

Oh, and... props to Washington Mutual for giving back my overdraft fee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! i watched 30 seconds of that video, and it made me laugh!!!! dont know why. just maybe because you had to stand there and watch too. um. yah. i guess.

good luck on your midterms. and that study habit you have there is good. see? i should be writing my essay but im here. yap.

good luck. take care. and hope that apartment things work out for you. take care.

2/24/2008 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home